Introduction: "One Heart One Purpose"

What Does Salvation Do?

Look up the Scripture references and answer the questions by filling in the actual words from the Bible. All references in this lesson are found in the King James Version of the Bible. Use the index in the front of you Bible if you have difficulty locating the reference.

According to the Bible, before salvation…

1. I was spiritually D______ in trespasses and sins. Ephesians 2:1
2. I was C____________ already. John 3:18
3. I had the W_______ of God abiding on me. John 3:36
4. I was the S_________ of sin. Romans 6:17
5. I was headed for the L______ of F_____. Revelation 20:15
6. I was _________ , yet sought by Jesus. Luke 19:10

What God has promised.

1. The gift of E_________ L_____. Romans 6:23
2. The F___________ of sins. Colossians 1:14
3. S_____________ through His grace. Titus 2:11
4. To D_____ in my heart. Ephesians 3:17 (Also John 14:23)
5. The L______ of C______ which passeth knowledge. Ephesians 3:19
6. The J____ of Jesus Christ. John 15:11
7. The P________ of God, which passeth all understanding. Philippians 4:7

What I did.

1. I C_____ed upon the Name of the Lord. Romans 10:13
2. I B_________ed in mine heart. Romans 10:9
3. I R_________ed Him. John 1:12
4. I R_________ed of my sins. Acts 17:30

What God did?

1. He J__________ me freely by His grace. Romans 3:24
2. He L______ me and W________ me from my sins. Revelation 1:5
3. He recorded my name in the Lamb's B______ of L_____. Revelation 21:27
4. He adopted me as a S______ (child) of ______. Romans 8:14-15
5. He A__________ me in the Beloved. Ephesians 1:6
6. He S___________ me. I Corinthians 6:11
7. He made me a N____ C__________. 2 Corinthians 5:17

The meaning of some important some words:

Repent = To change one's mind, a change of attitude toward sin.
Justified = To be declared "as not guilty" Just-if-I'd never sinned).
Sanctified = To be "set apart" by God and for God.
Grace = Undeserved, unmerited favor of God.

What Does God Expect of Me?

1. In John 3:1-8, another term for becoming a Christian is to be B______ A______. (John 3:6 teaches TWO births – a physical birth, and a spiritual birth.)

2. According to 1 Peter 2:2, as a new Christian, to what does this Scripture liken you? A _______ _________.

3. Read 2 Peter 3:18. You cannot do much as a spiritual "baby," but what does God expect you to do? To __________ in grace.

4. In 1 Corinthians 3:1-3, what does God call a Christian who doesn't grow spiritually? C______.

5. Examine Ephesians 4:13-15. According to this passage what does the Lord want His children to do? (Use your own words.)

Six Steps to Christian Growth

The following acrostic will give you SIX basic steps to begin growing spiritually.

Go to a bible-believing Baptist church – Hebrews 10:25
Read your Bible daily – 1 Peter 2:2; Acts 17:11
Obey Christ and be Scripturally baptized – Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:41
Witness to others about Christ – Acts 1:8, John 4:28,29
Thank God daily in prayer – Philippians 4:6; Matthew 7:7
Honor God with you time, talent and treasure – Malachi 3:10; 1 Corinthians 16.2

A Good Verse To commit To Memory
2 Peter 3:18 “Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”